American Heart Association
Enrollment is limited. Classes fill-up quickly.
Registration and payment required prior to class.
Schedule subject to change without notice.
Download, complete and mail Registration Form.
The Palm Club - Woodbury East Clubhouse map
Irvine, CA 92618-1731
Class confirmation, directions and study guide are sent to you by email.
CEUs available to Registered Nurses (RN), Respiratory Therapists (RT), Paramedics, Dentists (DDS).
- Overview of New Science-2010 Guidelines
- Instructor Network
- Instructor Materials and Equipment
- Organizing and Teaching Course
- Written Exam/ Skills Testing
- Instructor Renewal
- Training Center Specifics
- Self-Directed eLearning
1. PROCESS OF BECOMING AN ACLS INSTRUCTOR:
- Be accepted by an AHA Training Center prior to enrolling in the Instructor Course and have a completed Instructor Candidate Application on file with that Training Center (Details below in section 6)
- Have current American Heart Association ACLS Provider Card and be proficient in all the skills
- Prior to class complete the ACLS Instructor Essentials Online and print the certificate of completion (Details below in section 4)
- Successfully complete the ACLS classroom Instructor Course
- Successfully complete being monitored teaching an ACLS Course within six (6) months of completing the classroom Instructor Course (Details below in section 7)
- ACLS Instructors must be at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified in a healthcare occupation where the skills are within the provider's scope of practice
- Have current American Heart Association ACLS Provider Card
- Align with an AHA Training Center accepting new Instructors (Details below in section 6)
- Completed the ACLS Instructor Essentials Course (Details below in section 4) ACLS Instructor Manual required to complete Instructor Essentials
- In addition, all ACLS Instructors aligned with The CPR Lady must be BLS Instructors
3. REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
Registration and payment for the ACLS Instructor Course MUST be received prior to class. Register early, classes fill-up quickly. There are no reservations without payment. Class confirmation, directions, and Instructor Essentials are sent by email. Because the ACLS Instructor Course covers a lot of material in a relatively short time, advanced preparation is required. Instructor Essentials Course must be completed prior to class.
4. ACLS INSTRUCTOR ESSENTIALS COURSE (90-1432): REQUIRED
The Instructor Essentials Course is an online, self-directed, and discipline-specific course. The ACLS Instructor Essentials is purchased from The CPR Lady. A keycode will be emailed to you to access the Essentials Course. The ACLS Instructor Essentials covers planning and preparation for courses, instructing courses, conducting written exams and skills testing plus keeping your ACLS Instructor status current. It includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by course-specific information. Student must have the ACLS Instructor Manual to complete the online ACLS Instructor Essentials Course.
Completion of the Instructor Essentials Course is a required to become an AHA Instructor and to renew Instructor status with The CPR Lady Training Center.
Continuing education credits are offered by AHA for the ACLS Instructor Essentials Course.
Approximate Essentials Course completion time is 3 hours.
Upon completion of the ACLS Instructor Essentials Course, the Student prints a certificate of completion which must be brought to the classroom Instructor Course.
There is no additional fee to email Instructor Essentials Course keycode. All keycode sales are final. Keycode cannot be returned once it is issued.
5. TEXTBOOK/ MANUAL POLICY:
AHA policy states, "Each student must have the current, appropriate textbook readily available before, during and after the course." The ACLS Instructor Manual and ECC Handbook MUST be brought to the class.
- Student is responsible for ordering all required books, which takes about a week to receive.
- Student MUST have the ACLS Instructor Manual (90-1011 number located on back cover). Student must have the ACLS Instructor Manual to complete the online ACLS Instructor Essentials Course.
- Student MUST have ECC Handbook (90-1000)
6. TRAINING CENTER ALIGNMENT:
American Heart Association requires Instructor Candidates to align with an authorized Training Center that is accepting new Instructors when signing up for an Instructor Course. The CPR Lady Training Center automatically aligns all Instructors who take The CPR Lady Instructor Courses and does not charge an additional alignment fee.
If Student is aligned with another TC, please inform The CPR Lady Training Center in advance and bring a completed Instructor Candidate Application to class signed by that Training Center's Training Center Coordinator.
7. COURSE MONITORING:
Instructor status is granted and an Instructor card is issued after the Student successfully completes the Instructor Course and demonstrates teaching skills while being monitored during an ACLS Provider or ACLS Provider Update Course. The monitoring must take place within six (6) months of the ACLS Instructor Course. If Student is aligned with another Training Center, monitoring will be done and Instructor Card issued by that Training Center.
8. COURSE DIRECTOR:
American Heart Association policy states new ACLS Instructors MAY NOT teach classes on their own until they become a Course Director. Refer to the AHA Program Administration Manual regarding these guidelines.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional
materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any
fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
The CPR Lady provides American Heart Association CPR BLS Provider and Instructor certifications and renewals
throughout Southern California including Orange County, LA County, San Diego County, and Inland Empire, as well as, San Luis Obispo
County, Santa Barbara County, Sacramento County and the San Francisco Bay Area.
The communities of South Orange County, North Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County, Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Capistrano Beach, Cerritos, Costa Mesa, Coto de Caza, Cypress, Dana Point, El Toro, Emerald Bay, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Mirada, La Palma, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, La Habra, Lake Forest, La Mirada, Long Beach, Midway City, Mission Viejo, Newport Bay, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Placentia, Portola Hills, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Joaquin Hills, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Santa Ana Heights, Stanton, Trabuco Canyon, Tustin, Tustin Foothills, Villa Park, Westminster, Whittier, Yorba Linda.